Yoga has a history that is more than 2000 years old. Nowadays there are numerous different styles and variations of Yoga: Hatha, Iyengar, Ashtanga, Ashtanga Vinyasa, Yin Yoga, Classical, Centered…..you maybe know one or more of these styles, if not they may sound like an odd dish from a foreign menu…..To help you find the way through the yoga -jungle read further and see if this could be something for you!
Philosophy & Technique
A lot of attention is given to correct practice of the Yoga positions. Essential is that everybody can make progress and enjoy the practice in their own pace. We start easy with tuning into the breath, un-doing the mind and connecting to what is present in you. Various Yoga positions (Asanas) will be done in sequence, the Sun Salutations (Surya Namaskar). Part of the class is dedicated to flow, part to detailed work for deeper understanding and increase of body-awareness.
We close off with end relaxation (Savasana) This Yoga class draws it’s inspiration from the roots of Iyengar and Classical Yoga.
Beginners as well as Intermediate students are welcome. It’s not about if you can touch your toes or stand on your head, it’s about making progress together. Sessions are in Dutch and/or English.
[button link=”/bodylinguistics/?page_id=197″ size=”medium” style=”info” color=”red”]Check Schedule[/button]
False about Yoga?
- Those people just lie around, burn incense and stare at their navels.
- I will never ever be able to make such a knot in my legs!
- You have to be a vegetarian!
- You have to be a non-smoker!
- You have to become an ascet to do yoga. [/unordered_list]
True about Yoga?
- It changes your perspective.
- It makes you feel good.
- It helps you to get rid of your pain in the neck…
- and the pain in your lower back as well!
- It helps you to stay calm when things get uncomfortable
- It can be a life-style, a philosophy, or a training depending on you!
- It’s an opportunity to develop strength from inside-out
- Don’t expect miracles, but discover how practice will bear fruit![/unordered_list]